Friday, October 12, 2007

Who needs Spies anyway

Desktop naval gazers know a sub when they see one

Mind boggling what Google can do

I remember Hugh Trevor Roper (he was one of guys duped by Kim Philby) saying "you don't need spies just read their newspapers". Of course as well as being wrong about Philby he also authenticated the Fake Hitler Diaries but I think he had something about reading what the other side puts into print. Mind you an SIS officer in that part of the organisation penetrated by communists has to be a worry - they were always shoving him on TV as an expert. The whole affair just astounded me. Ian Richardson made a good Anthony Blunt. It showed what a mess "security" was. Didn't they know that the earlier runaways had these guys as friends.

Just amazing google even knows where I live

View Larger Map




No comments:

Post a Comment

I usually delete comments from Anonymous

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.